Melt into a slice from chocolate cake heaven with this berry-rich Raspberry Ganache Cake by food blogger, Patisserie Makes Perfect, using our Create with Firetree Solomon Islands, Guadalcanal 69% Cocoa chocolate.
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
250g Unsalted Butter, softened
350g Soft Brown Sugar
6 Medium Eggs, beaten
200g Solomon Islands, Guadalcanal 69% Cocoa Chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
140g Plain Flour
250g Raspberry Puree
60g Unsalted Butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 170c/150c Fan. Grease and line the base of 2 x 6-inch round deep cake tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs to the mix in a slow steady stream with the mixer on medium speed. Add the chocolate and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the flour with a spatula until fully combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and level the surfaces. Bake for 45 mins until risen with a crust that wobbles when gently shaken. You cannot test this cake with skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is overcooked.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and leave to cool for 15 mins. Cover the surface with baking parchment and place in the fridge to chill before handling.
- Make the ganache, put the raspberry puree into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour over the boiled raspberry puree and stir until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Slowly add the butter in small pieces and stir until melted into the ganache. Keep adding until all of the butter is used. The ganache can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- When the cakes are cold trim each of them with a serated knife or a cake leveller to make sure they are completely flat and even. Place one cake on a plate or a board and spread a generous amount of ganache on the cake.
- Place the other cake on top and spread the top with ganache, you will find that you have more ganache than you need, you can roll what is left into balls and eat as truffles, or use them to decorate the cake.
To find more recipes from Patisserie Makes Perfect, visit: